Academics Afield Coordinator
Employer: Georgia Wildlife Federation (GWF)
Position Length: One semester with potential for extension based on performance
Job Type: Internship (~10 hours per week)
The Georgia Wildlife Federation in partnership with the Georgia R3 Initiative is seeking qualified candidates for a part-time Academics Afield Coordinator at Georgia Southern University, Albany State University and Fort Valley State University. The Academics Afield Coordinator will introduce students with an interest in hunting, but limited experience through workshops providing the tools, experiences and support to help them self-identify as a hunter. The Coordinator will work closely with the Academics Afield Facilitator, GA R3 Coordinator, and Institution Academic Faculty or Advisor as part of the larger recruitment, retention, and reactivation (R3) initiative to increase participation in and societal understanding of hunting.
Coordinator job responsibilities include, but not limited to:
– Recruit: Market to and recruit 12 non-traditional student participants and student coaches
– Implement: Organize two workshops per semester. Work with partners to provide education, firearm training, guided hunt experience and a wild-game meal per workshop.
– Evaluate: Administer evaluation tools as directed and draft a summary blog or video for AA marketing per workshop
Qualifications and Required Skills:
– Current student available for the 2022-2023 Academic Year
– Experience in sales and/or marketing
– Experience teaching
– Experience shooting and hunting
– Excellent interpersonal skills and experience working with multiple stakeholder groups
– Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
– Proficient with Microsoft Applications and Google Drive
– Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently with minimum supervision and guidance
– Must possess leadership skills, organizational skills, and work well as a team member
– Must be willing to work evenings and some weekends
$13/hour, plus commission for number of participants/workshop, and mileage reimbursement
How to Apply:
Interested students should submit a cover letter (including expected graduation date), unofficial transcript, resume, and references in a single document to Bre@gwf.org. Reviewing applications on a rolling bases. Apply Today!