Employer: Georgia Wildlife Federation
Job Type: Internship (minimal hours most weeks and up to 40 hours on programming weeks)
Location: Statesboro, GA
Start Date: February 2020
The Georgia Wildlife Federation is seeking qualified candidates for a part-time Academics Afield Coordinator. The Academics Afield Coordinator will work as part of the Georgia Recruitment, Retention, and Reactivation (R3) Initiative to increase hunting participation and societal acceptance of hunting on college campuses. This position will develop, implement, and evaluate R3 programs aimed at college students. Position duration is one semester.
- Develop and implement a minimum of two R3 programs in the Spring 2020 semester that follow the guidelines of the Georgia Hunting Action Plan. A description of an example program can be found here.
- Work with the Georgia Southern Shooting Sports Education Center, college faculty/staff, student chapters of conservation organizations, and R3 partners to:
Locate hunting access.
Recruit participants and mentors.
Provide classroom and field training.
Host R3 programs.
Evaluate and track program participants.
- Manage evaluations and write an end-of-semester report summarizing the programming results.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current Georgia Southern University student.
- Demonstrated knowledge of wildlife management, shooting sports, and hunting.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience working with multiple stakeholder groups.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Proficient with Microsoft applications and Google Drive.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently with minimum supervision and guidance.
- Must have demonstrated leadership skills, possess excellent organizational skills, and work well as a team member.
- Must be willing to work some weekends and evenings.
$12 per hour and mileage reimbursement.
How to Apply:
Interested students should submit a cover letter (including expected graduation date), resume, and three references in a single document to Charles Evans (firstname.lastname@example.org) by February 29, 2020.